Do you know that it’s possible to generate high-quality leads on Facebook? If you do it right, you can attract even higher quality leads than traditional advertising platforms. With Social Media marketing, the relationship with your customer begins online. You attract, engage and retain your fans by taking the necessary steps to convert them into prospects.
Using the following 6-Step process, you’ll get immediate traction. Be prepared, however, because these new leads are expecting prompt follow up (30 minutes max) and authentic, no-nonsense communication. Treat Social Media leads as you would if they were an in-person referral from one of your neighbors during your last Block Party BBQ. While you do have a shared connection with your lead, the trust is still tenuous at this point in the process. I like to say: Social Media leads are “Ups with a Twist”. This prospect already knows something about you and they’re looking for a reason to buy from YOU, not your competitor. Be deliberate, focused and transparent. These steps will guide you to the potential sale:
1. Facebook Welcome Page with Fan Gate. Also known as a Reveal Tab, a Fan Gate is where non-fans who visit your page see one form of content and when they click the Like button to join your Page, the content changes to something just for fans. This is a great feature for special offers, discount codes, free gifts, etc.
2. Call to Action. A call to action converts a visitor to a fan; a fan into a prospect. Especially when a non-fan visits your page, you have a nano-second to entice them to take action. Don’t get fancy with the words, you want to be clear and specific as possible. Visitors should not be confused about what they’re supposed to do next. Be sure your call to action highlights an obvious next step–“Schedule Your Test Drive Today”.
3. Free Stuff. People click on what they want. Give them something they want in exchange for something you want. What do you want? You want them to like your page, come in for a test-drive, attend your event, or bring their car in for service or parts. We’ve had really good response using strategies with $25 gas cards. Who doesn’t want free gas?
4. Engaging Content. I can’t stress this enough–quality content is what makes your Social Media marketing perform for you. You need to learn to care about what your audience cares about. You can’t communicate effectively until you know your audience. You can’t get responses if you don’t ask for them. You can’t get enthusiasm until you stimulate it. And if you don’t get responses, you become invisible. If you’re not good at writing engaging content, hire a credible Social Media coach that can write it for you.
5. Optimize with Analytics. If you don’t have a metric for every stage of your marketing, you can’t optimize your strategy and tactics along the way. Your goals for your fan page should include:
- Visibility to as many of your fans as possible, calculated by dividing post impressions by your total fan base.
- Responsiveness to your posts, calculated by feedback rate, which is the total number of likes and comments divided by post impressions.
Facebook Insights does this calculation for you. If you aren’t getting at least a 1% feedback rate, you’re probably missing the mark in connecting with the bulk of your audience. Think about what passions and interests your fan base has in common and speak to those.
6. Facebook Ads. The cheapest way to get targeted fans for your page (fans who are likely to be good customers), is with Facebook ads. The power, depth and precision of the Facebook ad platform is unrivaled and historic. So many dealerships go to ridiculous lengths to avoid spending money on Facebook ads and then when their fans don’t produce a return on investment (ROI), they wonder why. Well, because you went cheap and you didn’t get good prospects–that’s why. Reallocate your ad budget for some Facebook Ads and watch your leads increase exponentially.
Are you generating all the leads you want from Facebook? Try implementing this process and watch your leads increase. I’d love to hear your results.