As Facebook continues to evolve, we marketers discover new and better ways to build a successful Facebook page. The strategies and tactics to grow Facebook Likes have a long and illustrious history. There are volumes written and untold amounts of discussions on the subject.
Welcome to my first weekly post of quick tips to help you navigate automotive Social Media. My area of Social Media expertise is in retail businesses like car dealerships, marine dealerships and independent shops. However, these weekly tips will help other businesses too. I welcome you and look forward to hearing your feedback!
I coach, consult and train awesome people and I’ve compiled some of their most frequently-asked questions and/or biggest challenges. I wanted a way to share these with more people, so thank you for joining me on this ride! These posts will be short and sweet – just enough to get you over a hurdle and on your way to killer Social Media marketing.
Growing Facebook Likes
Successful Facebook marketing requires a strategy to continually grow your fan base. Ultimately, your business is on Facebook to promote your products/services and generate leads and sales. To get to that place, you have to promote your page successfully and build an audience. Growing quality Likes isn’t easy and not all Likes are created equal.
- People who are most likely to buy from you at some point in their lives.
- People who have purchased from you before and are “Raving Fans”.
- Benchmark = All fans should reside in your (or your competitor’s) market area.
Here are my top 6 tactics for growing Facebook Likes:
- Create posts that inspire people to share your content. People love to share great content. And when your Fans’ friends see that great content, they too may share it and “Like” your page. Your current Fans share your content — and new Fans Like your page because of it!
- Advertise on Facebook using “Get More Page Likes” ads. Hands down, this is the fastest, most-effective way to grow your likes. Start slow with a small budget and test your results.
- Offer an exclusive deal that can only be redeemed when Liking your page.
- Add a Facebook social plugin to your website and blog. An effortless way for someone to Like your page.
- Install signs in your store, “Like Us on Facebook.” Add a QR Code to make it super-easy.
- Use Facebook ads to drive visitors to your custom landing page inviting them to “Like Our Page”. This is an advanced tactic and can really amp your numbers. Depending on budget, I’ve seen this tactic grow 10,000 likes in a few months.
Quick note: A page that has thousands of fans and no engagement is a worry. Very often, it’s the sign of someone who obtained likes in ways that are not beneficial to your business. Whoever did it was going for quantity, not quality.
Never, I repeat, NEVER buy Facebook Likes. They are bots based in other countries that will never buy from you. Buying likes also plays havoc when you run any Facebook ads to “People who like your page and their friends.” It’s tempting but the only way to grow a successful Facebook page is to do the hard work! When you win, it’s a sweet feeling.