Here at Kruse Control, we speak to people often who agree they need to be engaging customers online but aren’t quite ready to commit to the content marketing investment that will get them to the finish line.
The ‘not quite ready’ approach is common. It’s similar to looking in the mirror one day and saying, “Wow, I need to get in shape!” At that point, it’s only an observation. Beyond that is making the decision and taking action. A vast majority never make it beyond observation.
Content marketing is not an impulse endeavor.
Never jump into content marketing, and especially social media, just because you think you need to do it. Having doubts may mean it’s not right for you.
Many people jump into content marketing/social media and eventually realize there are too many obstacles within their organization to manage it successfully. Making moves like this drains precious resources.
Even though it’s becoming a necessity, everyone must determine if content marketing is right for them.
Here are the signs to look for in your organization that may mean content marketing isn’t the answer right now:
- You have no written content strategy plan.
- Company culture just isn’t ready for prime time.
- You don’t have a company blog (it’s difficult to do content marketing without content).
- You don’t have the resources to publish on a regular basis.
- There’s no real buy-in from owners or management.
- You’re uncomfortable interacting with customers online.
- You don’t have the budget to promote your content.
- You don’t track how much of your content is consumed and which does best.
- You don’t monitor your competitor’s content.
Content marketing has huge advantages – including increased search visibility, customer engagement and revenue – but it’s only right when it’s right.
Contact us today if you’re ready for content marketing to help your business attract and engage more customers!
Complete this form below and we’ll get back to you within 24 hrs.