What digital retail strategies make it possible for you to grow automobile sales?
Although most car buyers prefer to acquire their next vehicle in person, they spend most of the time conducting their research online. In fact, according to a 2019 study, they spend 61% of their car shopping time researching and shopping online.
So, what strategies can you leverage to meet the needs of these online shoppers, gain their trust, and convince them to purchase from you?
This post lists popular digital retail strategies used by successful brands to grow automobile sales. Check them out!
1. Social Media Marketing
One of the best strategies you can use to grow automobile sales involves social media marketing.
Using social media makes it possible for brands to drive social traffic, build affinity with the audience, and increase engagement.
But how can your brand use social media marketing to grow automobile sales?
Use these strategies:
- Promote test-drive sign-ups for cars on social media.
- Merchandise your vehicles using Facebook Ads.
- Chat with prospective buyers through Messenger.
- Use social video ads to grab user attention.
- Share customer testimonials and success stories.
- Run social media competitions and promotions.
- Post user-generated images and videos.
Finally, and most importantly, leverage social media videos as one of the strategies to grow automobile sales.
And guess what?
You can share many types of videos with your social media followers to create awareness, drive engagement, educate, and entertain shoppers. Some of these include about us videos, event videos, customer testimonials, behind-the-scenes videos, product demos, etc.
You can also share car walkarounds, event videos, model car comparisons, new car launches, promos, etc.
2. Automotive Email Marketing
Email is one of the best strategies your brand can use to grow automobile sales.
Consumers prefer it when brands communicate with them via email.
However, be smart about your email marketing strategy. 55% of consumers unsubscribe from brands if they send too many emails. 63% will also stop buying from your brand if you use poor personalization.
So, what’s the best way to use email marketing to grow automobile sales?
Start by finding different opportunities to collect shoppers’ contact information. For example, when they buy parts and services, fill out forms on your blog, register for test drives, community events, etc.
Next, segment shoppers depending on characteristics such as the make and model, contact channel, interests, demographics, etc.
Then, use these email marketing strategies to grow automobile sales:
- Send your customers valuable content that builds authority, trust, and connections.
- Send personalized emails.
- Limit promotional emails.
- Use feedback campaigns to collect information about customer experiences.
- Optimize content for mobile.
- Run re-engagement campaigns.
And most importantly?
Find an automation platform that helps you create automated email flows. This way, you can create automatic emails triggered by customer actions, engage leads and customers, and send timed responses.
3. Retargeting Campaigns
With retargeting, you focus on customers who’ve shown interest in your cars or automotive parts and redirect them back to your site. It’s one of the best strategies you can use to grow automobile sales since you connect with visitors who expressed interest without converting.
But how can your automotive brand use retargeting to grow automobile sales?
Social Media: Show retargeting ads to shoppers on social channels.
Offline retargeting: Give your website visitors an omnichannel experience by retargeting them offline.
For example, offer a gift card to a visitor who spent more than 30 minutes viewing a particular car if they take a test drive.
But how do you ensure success with retargeting ads?
Find a retargeting platform that can help your automotive brand accelerate business growth with display, social, and email advertising. Some of these platforms include Perfect Audience, AdRoll, Retargeter, etc.
Then, ensure the ad shown relates exactly to what the shopper searched for. For example, if they viewed the 2021 Jeep Wrangler, the ad should feature the same, not a pick-up truck. Your ad should also include your logo and name in the ad.
But most importantly, ensure the messaging remains consistent even on landing pages and that they are mobile-friendly.
4. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
According to research, 78% of vehicle buyers visited at least two websites before purchasing.
Automotive buyers have moved online, and your business needs to have the right content to get them to view your offers and convert.
And guess what?
SEO is your best option for this.
But how can you use SEO to grow automobile sales?
Start by crafting a content marketing plan for your automotive brand. Define goals, target audience, and strategies you will use to achieve these goals.
Next, use keyword tools to find phrases your target audience uses when searching and use them across your car and auto parts descriptions, titles, headers, and meta titles. You should also have a blog where you post informative, educational, and entertaining content.
Then, leverage the following additional tactics to fully optimize your site:
- Benchmark competitors and use insights to improve your SEO strategy.
- Conduct technical SEO audits and fix any issues.
- Publish quality images optimized with titles and alt tags.
- Use a simple design that’s easy to navigate.
- Optimize for local searches.
- Regularly audit and update content on your site.
- Interlink your pages.
- Get external links from guest posts, social media, car forums, third-party sales sites, etc.
- Ask customers to leave reviews.
- Improve page speed.
- Optimize for on-page SEO.
- Double down on paid search.
- Optimize content for voice search discovery.
Bonus Point: Humanize Your Brand
For your automotive brand to stand out, you need to engage in activities that build trust, showcase your human side, and grow stronger relationships.
Most importantly, you don’t have to be promotional all the time.
Instead, focus on digital strategies that do more than help your brand in its quest to grow automobile sales.
These include strategies that help you build relationships with your audience, maintain your good reputation, and offer them exceptional experiences. This way, they can become loyal, continue buying from your brand, and recommend you to others.
But what strategies are these?
- Be responsive on all channels and use advanced messaging platforms like chatbots. Provide instant answers, chat face to face with visitors, and send materials such as videos, brochures, etc.
- Share stories about your brand, employees, customers, etc.
- Make it easy for customers to meet salespeople, both offline and online.
- Work with influencers and ambassadors who can introduce your brand to other interested buyers and increase your reach.
- Be on every platform shoppers use to search for vehicles. These include social media, local dealership websites, manufacturer websites, aggregate sites like Edmund, etc.
- Allow shoppers to experience your inventory from the comfort of their homes using augmented and virtual reality.
- Use monitoring and listening tools to discover conversations or reviews about your automotive brand and respond immediately.
Ready to Grow Automobile Sales with Strategies That Work?
These strategies will do more than help you in your quest to grow automobile sales.
They can also help you strengthen your digital reputation, grow strong relationships with your visitors, and make it easy for them to recommend you to their friends.
Do you need more details on any of these strategies you can use to grow automobile sales? Get in touch with me here. We can offer detailed explanations that make it easy to stand out and sell more.
Shane Barker is a digital marketing consultant who specializes in influencer marketing, content marketing, and SEO. He is the co-founder of Attrock, a digital marketing agency. He has consulted with Fortune 500 companies, influencers with digital products, and a number of A-List celebrities.