That’s a great question that we hear on a regular basis here at Kruse Control.
Honestly, the answer is…it depends.
While that answer may not be the most electrifying, it is the most accurate. Here’s why…
Every company has its own DNA. Some respond favorably to developing a strategy that brings discipline and focus to all marketing activities.
Others may spend time, energy and budget to develop a social media strategy, then lose interest and resort to tactical maneuvers, which quickly veer off the prescribed path.
Still others may not have a plan at all and believe they’re succeeding. So you can see why we say, “It depends.”
Let’s determine if your business needs a social media strategy.
To get a better feel for whether a documented social media strategy would make sense for you, answer the following questions:
- Do you have defined social media goals that you want to reach?
- What’s your company-wide comfort level on publishing informative content about your company, employees and customers?
- If you have specific goals and objectives, do your social media marketing efforts significantly and consistently contribute to achieving them?
- Do you struggle with determining what the best performance metrics are?
- Do you find that you’re constantly seeking better social media results but you remain unsure of how to best get those results?
- Is your management team – sales, service, operations, marketing, admin – on the same page with what social media success looks like?
- Would a written plan keep everyone more accountable for results?
If you’re fearless in your answers to these questions, you may find that it makes sense to have a social media strategy plan.
One of the challenges in developing a plan is realistically aligning it with the culture of your organization. Your plan has to fit your culture and organizational structure. It must fit the flow of how “things get done.”
Your social media strategy is a living, breathing GPS that will shift and change many times over as your goals and objectives are revisited, evaluated and redefined.
Contact us today about developing a social media strategy that’s right for your company – a plan that will provide a strong foundation for better results.
Let’s develop a social media strategy that’s right for you!
Complete this form below and we’ll get back to you within 24 hrs.