Content Strategy is the development, planning, creation, delivery and management of content.
The purpose of content strategy is to create meaningful, cohesive, engaging, and sustainable content that attracts the company’s target customers.
In today’s social web environment, getting the right message to the right customer at the right time is crucial. Reaching those all-important touch points requires brand-specific content strategy and tactics.
Provide uncommon value first…then sell.
Identifying your uncommon value and communicating it successfully is content strategy.
Why do I need content strategy?
While it’s true that a solid content strategy will improve marketing results for nearly every company and industry, many marketers don’t understand why.
The following four elements embody why content strategy to produce QUALITY content is paramount in today’s marketing.
- Quality content attracts customers, engages them and builds trust.
- Quality content allows you reach the customers you want without being blocked. Ad blocking software is used by 25% of Internet users. In 2016, 70 million Americans used an ad blocker, a jump of 34% over 2015. That figure will grow another 24% in 2017 to 86 million people.
- Quality content helps consumers remember a brand and encourages them to engage more personally with the company.
- Quality content increases search visibility and authority.
Ongoing useful information is your brand’s biggest asset.
Generally speaking, when a business initiates any marketing campaign, there are many questions that need to be answered regarding the type of content you need to achieve your desired goals. The following are questions we answer with our clients here at Kruse Control:
- What do we bring to the table? (Why do people choose us over our competitor?)
- What benefits does our brand promise to deliver?
- Who are our target customers?
- What do we hear our customers saying? (What are their common questions, needs and concerns?)
- What’s the purpose of our content? (build authority, increase awareness, engage customers, get conversions, etc.)
- What content do we already have in place to educate, promote and build trust?
- What resources do we have right now to carry out our marketing?
- What do we need, if resources are lacking, in order to reach our goals?
- Who will create and maintain our content?
- What forms of content are we the most comfortable with?
- Where will our content reside (what platform will you build from)?
- How often should we publish?
- Where will we distribute our content?
If you’re struggling to answer these or any other content strategy questions, contact us today.
Complete this form and we’ll get back to you within 24 hrs.